Burke Animal Clinic: Traditional And Holistic Medicine For Animals in Burke
At Burke Animal Clinic, “Compassion is our practice. Wellness is our goal.” That’s why our Burke veterinarian team is proud to provide a holistic approach to veterinary medicine by combining traditional medicine with alternative therapies for pets in Burke, Fairfax, and surrounding Virginia communities..
What Is Holistic Medicine For Animals? Our Veterinarian In Burke Explains
Holistic medicine is a form of healing that considers the whole pet in improving health and wellness and treating disease. Combining traditional medicine with alternative therapies helps us do just that.This philosophy aligns with our core values here at Burke Animal Clinic which center around compassion and healing. Holistic and alternative therapies are humane, minimally invasive, gentle, and considerate of your pet’s well-being and comfort. Holistic approaches offered by our veterinarians in Burke take into account your pet’s overall wellness–including his or her lifestyle, age, personality, breed-specific needs, and health history.
Combining our resources gives us more opportunities to keep pets healthy and treat them when they become sick. Common conditions we are able to treat with alternative therapies are:
- Torn cruciate ligaments
- Digestive Issues
- Gerriatric conditions and diseases
- Discomfort due to aging
- Symptoms from cancer
- Discomfort during recovery from surgeries and other invasive procedures
Some of the alternative therapies we use to treat these conditions include:
- Active Release Therapy
- Cold laser therapy
- Stem cell therapy
- Veterinary Orthopeduc Manipulation
How Can Traditional And Holistic Medicine For Animals Benefit My Pet?
At Burke Animal Clinic, we know that you want what’s best for your pet. Fortunately, our integrative holistic approach for pets can powerfully complement our more traditional approaches to veterinary care in a few key ways:
- Minimizes recovery time by accelerating the effectiveness of traditional approaches (especially during post-operative stages)
- Naturally reduces inflammation, pain, and other symptoms
- Helps our veterinarian in Burke identify and address underlying causes of disease instead of just treating the symptoms. This helps prevent recurrence.
- Enhances your pet’s ability to heal himself/herself
- Effective for acute and chronic conditions, including skin allergies, ear infections, arthritis and joint issues, hip dysplasia, diabetes, and wound healing
If you’re curious about the complementary effect of traditional veterinary medicine and holistic medicine for animals, speak with our Burke veterinarian team. We’re proud to serve Burke, Fairfax, and other Virginia communities. For a full list of our services, including pet wellness exams and emergency vet care, call our animal hospital today, 703-569-9600.