Thank you to all of our clients who’ve taken the time to send us their comments or post them on various social media sites. We are grateful that you’ve trusted us with caring for your pets and appreciate the time you took to write down your experiences. We always appreciate and are open to all feedback.
Here is what our clients are saying about us:
“Everyone is so kind & compassionate at Burke!! I am so grateful. I have recommended two of my other friends to Burke.”
“Dr. Colvin is incredibly patient and is a great communicator. I’ve always appreciated him during our ‘well-baby’ visits, but I am incredibly grateful for his ability to handle both my pets and me when they aren’t ‘well babies’ anymore.”
“I’m so thankful I found Burke Animal Clinic when I moved to the area. The staff is incredibly friendly and thorough. Catherine is great with follow-up and follow-through. Appreciate all of you!”
“Couldn’t be more pleased with the Burke Animal Clinic team. The are all so kind, gracious, and friendly. As usual, Dr. Johnson was attentive and thorough and gave us a quick and successful treatment plan. Just a great experience every time!”
“Very friendly and accommodating. We love going to this clinic even if it’s really far from us. They’re all good and nice and will treat your pet like their own.”
“We always feel welcomed and valued when we come in. Dr. Herrity is wonderful and takes so much time with us and Legend. He knows Legend has anxiety and he knows just how to handle him to make him as comfortable and possible. The vet techs are always friendly and the front desk staff is a joy.”
“Very knowledgeable veterinarians offering great advice to keep my dog healthy!”
“We started going to Burke Animal Clinic when our vet of 30+ years thought it was funny that our 6-year-old rescue German Shepherd had torn his AC, and we’d have to spend $2300 for surgery. Not to mention the many weeks of post-surgery pain, crating and rehab for our poor limping dog. When I asked if there were any alternatives to surgery I was promptly told “no.”
I started researching this issue myself and found out there are alternatives to surgery and, in fact, I was lucky enough to come across Dr. Herrity at the Burke Animal Clinic. Dr. Herrity uses various new technologies to assist in the healing process of certain injuries. Dr. Herrity has gone the extra thousand miles in companion pet care. He is constantly educating himself on healthier and more efficient ways to help heal our pets and keep them healthy.
But the great news doesn’t stop there! All the doctors, vet techs and staff at Burke Animal Clinic are exceptional. The atmosphere in the lobby is calm and friendly. Our dogs actually enjoy going to the vet!
Needless to say, Harry, our German Shepherd, avoided surgery as he received treatments on a regular basis from Dr. Herrity. We followed his instructions for home care carefully and at the one year mark Harry was running and playing around like a puppy. During the process of treatments, Harry learned to trust his doctor not fear him.
We stopped going to our long-term vet now and are now clients at Burke Animal Clinic where our 2 German Shepherds are happy to visit their favorite doctor!“
“How do you write a review for a vet who has seen you through 10 years and 2 generations of dogs? Dr. Colvin is amazing. He is knowledgeable and extremely caring. He is happy to discuss things I’ve read or heard about my dog’s condition. Dr. Colvin was able to diagnose my son’s dog’s rare illness when the specialist couldn’t. He rescued him from death’s door and gave us another 5 good years. He is also great about helping you weigh the options and possible outcomes vs. cost.
Dr. Herrity was great with finding options to keep our very geriatric dogs much more comfortable in their last years. He is a warmhearted person who really cares about his patients and their owners. The staff was always warm and friendly and ready to help in any way we needed. We recently moved to another state and I’m really missing everyone at Burke Animal Clinic!“
“We have been clients of Burke Animal Clinic for nearly 4 years. Our oldest lab had torn his ACL and Dr. Herrity provided two basic alternatives: 1) surgery and 2) laser therapy. We decided to go with the laser therapy for several reasons: 1) it does not require sedation, 2) results thus far on other dogs has proven successful for a full recovery, 3) it addresses the problem (tightness in the vertebrae that leads to tightness in the quad and ultimately leads to tearing the ACL), and 4) slightly cheaper than surgery.
Our lab has been doing wonderful on this treatment and we are thankful having another alternative to surgery. Burke Animal Clinic will perform surgeries as well if the animal needs it.“
“Unfortunately, our first experience with them (Burke Animal Clinic) was to help our 16-year old pointer move on to a better place. We were obviously distraught and did not have a local vet. Our situation became immediate very quickly They were able to get us in right away. It was a terrible day in our lives but the staff there was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better experience given the situation.
Thank you to your staff for all your kindness and compassion. I can absolutely ensure you we will always take our animals here.“
Many of my cats have been older cats or cats with special needs such as diabetes and kidney issues. I have noticed that the vets there seem to know the latest and greatest treatment options for my cats. What more can one ask for when dealing with one’s beloved pets.“
“I defy the most discerning critic to say a negative word about Dr. Colvin. I rarely complicate a fiercely bold statement with maudlin sincerity, but in this case it is comme il faut: I honestly believe Dr. Colvin is the most empathetic and talented person I have a professional relationship with. Switching to bullets so I can exact my point without further emoting:
- Dr. Colvin, the Vet Tech’s and office staff at The Burke Animal Clinic are both concerned with animal healthcare and pet owner’s emotional welfare.
- Upon arrival, I am greeted warmly and my pet is called by name. That means a lot to me; they care enough to record my cat’s name, not just the person paying.
- I’ve had to reschedule every other appointment I’ve ever made due to the fact that when my Wonder-Cat hears the cage being prepared she goes on the lamb. The office staff understands that is the cat’s nature and happily accommodates me.
- When my Wonder-Cat is due for a shot or check-up I receive a reminder email.
- They emotionally bond with their (human and animal) clients; their humanity is priceless yet their prices are reasonable.
- Dr. Colvin treats me as kindly as my friends do. He is happy to see me and my Wonder-Cat; he is engaging, honest, never rushes me off the phone or out of his exam room.
- His every comment, gesture and even the inflection of his voice is gentle-natured.
- Dr. Colvin is clearly an animal lover because he talks as sweetly to my Wonder-Cat as I do.
- His veterinary expertise has improved my cat’s overall health. The Wonder-Cat has had some health challenges and Dr. Colvin explained every avenue to remedy her condition. He provides information that I wouldn’t know to ask. He takes the time to tell me about the 10% chance of a negative side effect a medication may have long term and does so without worrying me.
- I volley dozens of (sometimes inane) questions at him and he answers each one without a modicum of frustration; he allows me to believe I am the first to ask him a silly question.
- When there is bad news he delivers it with respect and decorum and then invites discussion.
- He won’t allow animals to suffer; he kept my Mom’s elderly cats as comfortable as he could and then spoke up when he felt they no longer had the quality of life. He euthanized my Mother’s cats with reverence for both the animals and my Mother. He kindly told us what to expect and asked us how we were comfortable proceeding. He left my Mom alone with her cat for as long as she needed before and after.
- He ALWAYS calls with test results when he says he will. And he returns every call you place to him. (I wish he could be my primary physician.)”